It is the policy of Adaptive Computer Empowerment Services to operate in a drug-free environment. Volunteers are expected to adhere to a standard of conduct that will promote a drug-free environment.
I have been informed that the unlawful manufacture, distribution, dispensing, possession, or use of a controlled substance while volunteering for ACES is prohibited. I also understand that the appropriate personnel action will be taken against me, up to and including termination of my volunteer status.
- I have also been informed that I must notify the Volunteer Coordinator within five days "of any violation occurring while on the job".
Due to the nature of the service that Adaptive Computer Empowerment provides it is often necessary for a volunteer to perform several ACES-related tasks, such as donation pick-up and systems delivery, in private transportation. For this reason, the following requirements must be met:
- The driver must be at least 18 years of age.
- The driver must have a valid drivers license.
- The driver must show proof of auto insurance as well as acknowledge that, in case of accident or injury, the volunteers insurance company would be liable upto its maximum limits.
- Under no circumstances is the volunteer to transport the recipient while representing ACES in any way.
I understand the transportation policy of Adaptive Computer Empowerment, and I certify that if I am required to use my private vehicle for ACES-related work I meet all of the above conditions.
I also understand that if an accident occurs, my own insurance company will be liable for bodily and property damage up to its maximum limits.